How does an aging plant replace obsolete equipment without massive capital expenditures? By calling on HVM to upgrade their assets with rebuilt and retrofitted equipment—at a savings of up to 2/3 the cost of new replacements.
Our dedicated shop and expert technicians perform upgrades on:
480v Circuit Breakers
Upgraded with new solid state trip units, electronic communication technology, adjustable settings, enhanced protection, power quality monitoring, energy management capabilities and more.
2400v to 15,000v Circuit Breakers
Upgrades to vacuum and SF technology. These upgrades improve reliability and decrease maintenance intervals. Other benefits include improving the interrupting, momentary and continuous current rating.
High Pressure Switches, Starters/Contactors, Motor Control Centers
Completely rebuilt including replating, polishing, hardware replacement, painting, replacing into existing cell, testing and calibration.
Upgrades from old electro-mechanical relaying systems to new solid state packages from Schweitzer, GE, Basler, and more. These upgrades provide better system protection flexibility, more independent function availability, small packaging for panel or rack mount, LCD displays with real-time metering and system monitoring, communication ports for metering, alarms and fault data monitoring from remote locations, and reduced maintenance and calibration costs.
Direct Replacement Breakers
Circuit breaker technologies allow large electrical users to exchange older, often obsolete equipment for upgraded replacements, without disrupting existing switchgear. Most replacement breakers are designed to fit into the existing switchgear cell with little to no modification and will interface with the existing switchgear structure and maintain safety interlocks inherent in the original design.
Benefits of replacement circuit breakers typically include:
- Enhanced electrical system reliability
- Less cost and downtime compared to new equipment installation
- Reduced maintenance and operating costs
- No need for obsolete or hard-to-find spare parts—available for most manufacturers’ LV
- ANSI switchgear
- Various digital trip devices for short circuit and overload protection
- Extended range of short circuit and continuous current capabilities
- Increased safety by adding ground fault protection
- All applicable ANSI standards met
- Through-door racking and trip unit display
- Increased safety by replacing with arc flash limiting breakers